Monday, August 6, 2012

Hurting while Trying to be Accepted and Loved

     Yesterday afternoon I was at work going on my lunch break. I got my lunch ready, sat down and just wanted to to relax and enjoy some peace & quiet for the next 30 minutes. I opened Face Book on my phone, as I usually do during each of my breaks. The 1st status that shows up in my News Feed was my brother's which read as follows: "Wow. What is wrong with the world. Thoughts and prayers for the Sikh Community in the Milwaukee Area." I got such an awful feeling in the pit of my stomach! I continued to scroll down and the next 12-15 (approximately) statuses were all about this Shooting in Milwaukee! I was so shocked! There were no details in anyone's status. Each status was basically offering thoughts and prayers to the victims and their loved ones. I have family in Milwaukee so for a few seconds I was worried about them too, until I saw their statuses-Then I knew they were all fine. Still I was so shaken by this news. I finally google'd this "shooting" and read the news!! Immediately my eyes teared up. Oh, it was heart breaking. So So Heart breaking!

     I wish there was a way to stop all this pain and suffering and hatred and IGNORANCE!! When will enough be enough?? Why do some people think they are better than others? Why does the color of our skin or the way we worship or who we worship or what language we speak or what we wear on our heads matter? How does this make us any better or worse than anyone else? Why can't we all be accepted and loved and respected? When will people know and understand and accept the fact that we all have hearts, we all have tears, we all love to laugh, we all have souls, We even BLEED the same blood..... WE ARE ALL THE SAME! We are all one!
  
     Hate Crime?? Terrorism?? Racist? Swastika? Neo-Nazi? OMG!!!! Do you know how much it hurts to read and hear all this in today's time? In America-- Our own home!  I seriously just can't comprehend all of this!

People--Please educate, educate, educate!!! Educate yourselves. Educate us. Educate our children. Educate your children. Educate our neighbors and your neighbors. Educate your friends and our friends. Educate everyone. Everyone should be LOVED and RESPECTED and ACCEPTED! Read books. Take classes. Go Places. Attend Cultural Festivals. Eat the Food. Rent Movies. Make Friends. Volunteer at a Charity and Shelters and Food Banks. Open up your eyes and open up your hearts! Share this with your children....Share this with OUR children...Share it with our future. Only WE can make this place a place worth living, a place worth staying, and a place worth loving...

~~Our Thoughts and Prayers are with each of the victims of this absolutely relentless Tragedy. For each of them is a Hero to us! ~~

May you Rest In Peace:

Satwant Singh Kaleka, 62
Prakash Singh, 39
Paramjit Kaur, 41
Suveg Singh Khatra, 84
Ranjit Singh, 45
Sita Singh, 43





1 comment:

  1. It was a sad & shocking news to all of us . I'm so proud of you my daughter who feels this way . I now know what you learned thats what we were teaching you . Respect others who they are , not what they have & what religion they belong to . You are right please educate yourself & respect others !

    ReplyDelete