I was awakened this morning at 6:15am by the LOUDEST Thunderstorms I have ever experienced in my 34 years of existence! I kid you not!!! Everyone in my Town will tell you the same. For the FIRST time I was actually scared :(
Ravi was downstairs watching Cricket, and so I lay in bed alone staring at the ceiling fan spinning round and round and round. I was waiting for it to just come crumbling down on me along with the ceiling. OR I was waiting for the windows to shatter! OR perhaps I was going to get struck by lightning! OMG, so many thoughts were running through my head.
The power went out for a minute or two, but the lightning outside was so so bright and consistent, I couldn't even tell if the power had gone out. Then I noticed the clock blinking, so I figured it did go out and had just come back on. The whole time, I am also wondering why none of the kids have woken up, especially Shalu. I thought she would have come running in by now. Right then Ravi came upstairs and told me that he asked Shalu if she wanted to go lay down with mummy, but she said she is too sleepy to move. Hahaha! That's MY GIRL! And Karan was awake and playing Draw Something since like 530am because he also couldn't sleep.
Just then Ravi informs me that the power only came back to half of the house, but half of it still has no power! And guess what half had no power?? The half that holds the Wi-Fi router! I would have rather the ceiling fan collapsed on me....LOL! :) :) :)
Finally, after a couple hours or so, things settled down and we all fell back asleep around 800am--Which means we all woke up very late! OOPS!
This isn't where scary ends.....
Yesterday, when I had taken the kids to Kumon, I was sitting in the van with the windows open, reading Catching Fire. Suddenly, a big wasp comes flying in. I PANIC! Wasps and Bees are my worst fear after Snakes! I immediately get out of the car and just stand there staring at the wasp inside. All the parents in their cars are staring at me because by now I am just standing and reading in the next parking spot. LOL! Finally, I see it leave and I get back in the car and roll the windows up.
So, today, we are coming home from Karan's Spanish class and have just entered our subdivision. All of a sudden, Karan yells to open the windows! I say they are already open and he says, "There is a wasp in the van!"
OMG!, could you imagine my panic?? My fears?? I totally tense up and become stiff, but I am driving and had to be careful. At that point I still hadn't seen the wasp. and just then I hear the LOUDEST SCREAM I have ever heard "in my 34 years of existence"........... it was SHALU!!! The wasp had gone in her shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I found this out later) Poor Girl was not able to speak any words. She just screamed for about 3-4 seconds and suddenly was crying so so so hard! (no, she was not stung by it, just scared like her mom!) All of a sudden the wasp is in front of me, charging at me! I swerve the wheel so hard :( All I know is we were only 5 seconds away from home at that point. Right then, the wasp went out the driver side window.
Those were the worst 15 seconds of my life......ok, fine maybe not the worst, but very close to it! So, those were the last 30 hours of my life!
FEARFUL.....!!
No comments:
Post a Comment