Monday, October 8, 2012

Staycation,Vacation,Whatever you call it...

 I really wish I had more time to blog. There is always so much I want to write about, but by the time I sit and relax at night, it is just too late to think about blogging :(
     Now I am finishing up my 11 day staycation. Ravi went to India to visit his family and therefore, I took the time off to be with Karan & Shalu.
     Words can't explain how important this Staycation was for me! I have not had time off like this for at least 4 years. I truly forgot what it felt like to be home with the kids on weekends. I haven't been "home" on a week end with them in more than 4 years!
Of course, we did not just lounge around at home all day, as much as I would have loved to! The kids still had "school" and activities through out the week. It was busy, yet so fun and so relaxing.
     Ravi left for India on Friday September 28th.
 On September 29th, Karan performed Bhangra at the International Festival in Raleigh. As always, it was AMAZING beyond words. And, this year I was NOT fasting at this time, so I got to eat EVERYTHING! And you better believe, I did! We had Dutch Food, Chinese, Vietnamese, Greek, Turkish, Lebanese, Mexican, Columbian... You name it, we tried it! :)
 On September 30th, Shalu performed a Bharatnatyam piece at the Gandhi Jayanthi celebration at Marbles Museum in Durham. She also did wonderful, as always. She improves so much with each performance. I can't believe how much MORE I enjoy Bharatnatyam now that my own daughter does it. After her performance, we 3 had a DELICIOUS dinner at Tyler's Taproom in Apex... One of our favorite places.
    
On Monday, my friend Peggy came over and put henna on Shalu & me :) It was aaaaaaaaaawwwwwweeeeeesssssssssoooommmeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! :) :)
Peggy Putting Henna on Shalu's foot
Shalu's finished product
My finished product











We had been trying to plan a Henna Night for about 2-3 months, but our schedules were just not cooperating! :( Finally, we had success. I cooked her an Indian dinner which included Chana Masala, Kadai Paneer, Samosa, and Papri Chaat :) Peggy brought over the BEST Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies (according to Karan!)... YUMMY!!! :) It was such an awesome evening! :)

 



 The rest of the week was pretty routine.....Kids either went to their classes, bhangra practice, Bharatnatyam practice, Boy scouts, Girl Scouts, or were home doing schoolwork.

     Karan also finished his Driver's Ed Class on Friday. Now we are looking to schedule his "Behind the Wheel" classes! AAAAHHHH!!!!!! Good luck to him!

    
Ravi and My mother in law finally arrived home Sunday Evening!
Opening Suitcases from India--A Beautiful Experience!

As soon as they walked in, Shalu just couldn't wait to open suitcases! haha! She knew all of Ravi's shopping was for her. He really did a GREAT JOB! I was very impressed!

It was so good to have them back! But, there were lots of mixed emotions going through me, I must say. Their arrival meant my vacation was coming to an end :(
 Now I go back to work tomorrow (Tuesday) evening. I will admit that I love my job, I love my friends at work, I am so so thankful to have a job in today's time and my job allows me a much needed break from home :)
However.... 4 years without a weekend at home??!!  Am I wrong to have wanted this "Staycation" as badly as I did? Am I wrong to already be looking forward to my next vacation?? Am I wrong to just want a weekend at home to catch up on life?? No I am NOT wrong in any way. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to experience those Moments which make memories.............. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment