Yesterday, we ran the Furry 5K in Cary,NC at Bond Park. It was to raise money for Second Chance Pet Adoptions which is a No-Kill Shelter rescuing abandoned Cats and Dogs. All 4 of us ran along with the Home Schoolers of Holly Springs' Couch to 5K group :) We had been training for 8 weeks. I also did this training back in April and May, then ran a 5K in June.
I have never in my life ran a 5K before June. What an AMAZING EXPERIENCE! I highly, highly recommend every person to run a 5K at some point in their life.
You feel such a sense of accomplishment on so many levels.
You are spending time with family and/or friends, so you feel enjoyment :)
You are exercising, so you feel exhilarated! :)
You are donating to a charity, so you feel a sense of well-being--Which is perhaps, the best feeling of all!!
I really am going to try to run more 5K's in the future...Maybe 1-2 every 3 months or so :)
If any of you would like to run one, but have never even thought about it, Please let me know! I would love to do this with you :)
I think my next goal is to run a 10K :)
Wish me luck!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment